IMarine Data E-Infrastructure Deployment and Operation: Resources
The D4ScienceAn e-Infrastructure operated by the D4Science.org initiative. Infrastructure is composed by 2 groups of resources:
- resources provided by the sites managed by different EU project partners (iMarine, EUBrazilOpenBio, etc) or provided by external partners sites having an established collaboration with some of the EU Projects.
- resources accessible using a federated approach.
In particular the iMarine project partners ( CNR, NKUA, FAO, FIN) and its external partner ( ASGC) provide hosting resources:
- Hosting Resources: the physical and virtualized resources supporting the infrastructure
where to deploy EMI/UMD, gCube, Hadoop and other needed software:
- gCube Resources : the gCube software resources
- EMI/UMD Resources : the EMI and UMD middleware resources
- Hadoop Resources: the Hadoop software resources
- Runtime Resources: other type of Resources exploited at runtime by the gCube Services.
As said, besides the resources iMarine hosts in the D4ScienceAn e-Infrastructure operated by the D4Science.org initiative. Infrastructure, iMarine is establishing close interoperability links with other infrastructures, many of them already available in the D4ScienceAn e-Infrastructure operated by the D4Science.org initiative. Infrastructure. These collaborations are based on a Research Collaboration Model where resources of one infrastructure can be consumed or accessed by another infrastructure and vice-versa through an agreement community-based approach under the control of the infrastructure’s middleware.
The Federated Resources can be grouped in 3 categories:
A subset of the resources part of the production infrastructure are dedicated to the Quality Assurance tasks:
- Pre-Production Resources : the resources dedicated to the Quality Assurance tasks
The development infrastructure instead is composed by the following resources: